AGREEMENT AGREEMENT on concerted implementation policy of formation and development of the Eurasian Economic Community transport corridors of 24 March 20051
on concerted implementation policy
of formation and development
of the Eurasian Economic Community
transport corridors of 24 March 20051
The Government of the Republic of Belarus, Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, Government of the Russian Federation and Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, hereinafter referred to as the Parties,
based on the provisions
of the Treaty between the
being guided by the
Agreement between the
to carry out coordinated measures to form and develop a network of transport corridors running across the Eurasian Economic Community member states,
in consideration of the work to form and develop international transport corridors completed by the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, United Nations Economic and Social Commissions for Asia and the Pacific and the Organization for Cooperation of Railways,
striving to effectively use the geographical location of the Eurasian Economic Community member states,
intending to further improve regimes for transport conveyance of passengers and cargoes in compliance with international obligations of the States Parties,
have agreed as follows:
Terms and definitions
For the purpose of this Agreement, the following terms and definitions shall apply:
“a transport corridor of the Eurasian Economic Community (the transport corridor)” shall be a body of main transport infrastructure (both existing and newly developed) running across the territories of the States Parties (coupled with improvement in various means of transport) and ensuring conveyance of passengers and cargoes in international communications towards their greatest concentration;
“a logistics centre” shall be a territorial association of undertakings and bodies involved in freight traffic and related services which dispose of at least one terminal;
“mixed traffic” shall be transportation of cargoes by two or more means of transport.
Objects and purposes of formation and developing
Key objects and purposes of formation and development of the transport corridors shall be to:
1) provide for carriage of export-import and transit cargoes, as well as passengers along the transport corridors of the Eurasian Economic Community;
2) accelerate delivery of passengers and cargoes, reduce transport costs of conveyed goods;
3) enhance efficiency of use of the transport-transit potential of the Eurasian Economic Community member states;
4) attract transit passengers and cargoes of third states;
5) provide carriers of each of the State Parties with terms of conveyance no worse than the terms granted by the Parties to their own carriers.
The Parties shall undertake the following joint measures to:
1) coordinate measures to form and develop international transport corridors connecting the territories of the European and Asian states;
2) undertake measures to coordinate development of the transport infrastructure and standardize technical and technological parameters in respect of the States Parties’ transport corridors;
3) pursue harmonized policy to raise foreign investments for the formation and development of transport corridors;
4) undertake measures to improve the regulatory and legal framework of the States Parties which regulate crossing the national borders;
5) assist in conducting tariff policy based on general principles and related to payments and charges collected for conveyance of passengers and cargoes, crossing the borders, use of transport corridor infrastructure;
6) contribute to establishment of a favorable environment for companies and operations of joint ventures engaged in international conveyance of passengers and cargoes, and forwarding;
7) coordinate activities targeted at improving safety of transport, the environmental protection and safety of cargoes;
8) assist in the search for new reserves to streamline mixed traffic;
9) strive to develop an efficient layout for international logistics centers.
Cooperation with international organizations
1. The Parties shall recognize the need for cooperation with international organizations with regard to formation and development of the transport corridors.
2. The Parties shall undertake measures to accelerate accession to the international treaties regulating performance of international transport corridors.
3. The Parties shall coordinate their actions in cooperation with international organizations aimed at formation and development of the transport corridors.
1. Within 30 days after the Agreement comes into force the Parties shall inform the Integration Committee of the Eurasian Economic Community of the competent bodies established by the Parties to perform this Agreement.
1. This Agreement shall not affect rights and obligations of the States Parties arising out of or in connection with any other international agreements to which they are parties.
2. This Agreement shall come into force on the date on which the last notification of the completion of the internal procedures required for its entry into force is given to the depositary, which shall be the Integration Committee of the Eurasian Economic Community.
Upon entering into force, this Agreement shall be open for accession by other states which share its goals and objectives and are ready to assume respective obligations hereunder.
For an acceding state, this Agreement shall come into force on the date on which an instrument of accession is given to the depository.
3. Amendments may be made to this Agreement, as agreed by the Parties, and shall be concluded in the form of a separate protocol.
4. Each of the Parties may withdraw from the Agreement provided it has sent an official notification of denunciation of this Agreement to the depositary not later than six months prior to withdrawal. This Agreement shall be terminated for such Party upon expiry of six months from receipt of the notification by the depository. Termination of this Agreement in respect of a Party shall not affect programs and projects which were already initiated and launched; neither shall it infringe international treaties formed on this basis, unless the Parties agree otherwise.
5. Any disputes and discrepancies during implementation of this Agreement shall be settled through negotiations and consultations between the Parties concerned.
Done at Astana on March
For the Government
For the Government
For the Government
For the Government
For the Government
10.10.2014Заседание Межгосударственного совета ЕврАзЭС
07.10.2014Мультимедийная пресс-конференция в агентстве «Россия сегодня»
03.10.2014Встреча с Послом Финляндской Республики
04.08.2014Встреча Генерального секретаря ЕврАзЭС с Послом Республики Таджикистан
20.06.2014Премии Петербургского международного юридического форума «За вклад в развитие правовой интеграции на евразийском пространстве»
28.05.2014Договор о Евразийском экономическом союзе – важнейшее событие в новейшей истории наших стран
25.05.2014Презентация книги «Евразийский проект Нурсултана Назарбаева, воплощенный в жизнь. К 20-летию евразийского проекта 1994–2014»
24.05.2014VII АСТАНИНСКИЙ ЭКОНОМИЧЕСКИЙ ФОРУМ. Панельная сессия «Евразийской экономической интеграции – 20 лет. Итоги и перспективы»
24.05.2014VII Астанинский экономический форум и II Всемирная Антикризисная конференция, 21-23 мая 2014 года, Астана
24.05.2014Петербургский международный экономический форум, 23 – 24 мая 2014 года, Санкт-Петербург