REGULATIONS on the procedure for admission to the Eurasian Economic Community
by Resolution of the EurAsEC
13 May 2002, No. 45
on the procedure for admission
to the Eurasian Economic Community
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
In accordance with Article 9 of the Treaty on the Establishment of the Eurasian Economic Community (hereinafter referred to as the Treaty), membership of the Eurasian Economic Community (hereinafter referred to as the EurAsEC or the Community) is open to all states which will commit themselves to this Treaty, and the Agreement on a customs union between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus, dated January 6, 1995, the Treaty on a customs union, dated January 20, 1995, the Treaty on increased Integration in the Economic and Humanitarian Fields of March 29, 1996, the Treaty on a customs union and a common economic space, dated February 26, 1999, and other treaties in force within the Community, in accordance with the list defined by a decision of the EurAsEC Interstate Council (hereinafter referred to as the Interstate Council), and which, in the opinion of the EurAsEC member states, can and will fulfill these commitments.
II. FILING OF AN APPLICATION,
SETTING up A TASK GROUP
2. The EurAsEC Secretary-General inform the Chairman of the Inter-state Council and the member states of the submitted application. The Chairman of the Interstate Council shall entrust the EurAsEC Secretary General with the creation of a task group to examine the conditions for joining the Treaty in accordance with the provisions of Article 9 and to prepare recommendations for the Interstate Council, including a draft Protocol on joining the Treaty (hereinafter referred to as the draft Protocol). The EurAsEC shall notify the candidate state that its application is under consideration.
3. The task group includes Permanent Representatives attached to EurAsEC, who engage experts of the EurAsEC member states. The task group’s Rules of Procedure are defined by the Commission of Permanent Representatives within EurAsEC. The Secretariat of the EurAsEC Integration Committee is charged with organizing the task group’s activities.
III. PROCEDURE FOR CONSIDERATION
OF THE CONDITIONS FOR JOINING
1. The candidate state submits to the EurAsEC Integration Committee a Report on its activities related to fulfilling the requirements for joining EurAsEC (hereinafter referred to as the Report). Along with the Report, the candidate state shall provide the EurAsEC Integration Committee with copies of the national laws and by-laws and international agreements to which it is a party and which are related to the regulation of the external economic, customs and foreign trade fields. The documents shall be submitted in the EurAsEC working language.
2. The Report is examined jointly by the candidate state representatives and the task group. Questions on the Report, formulated by the task group and requiring extra workup, shall be summarized by the Secretariat of the EurAsEC Integration Committee and submitted for consideration to the candidate state which, in its turn, provide the task group with comments and other information related to the questions, via the Secretariat of the EurAsEC Integration Committee. The task group and the candidate state representatives elaborate a Program on fulfilling the conditions for joining the EurAsEC.
3. After the Program is completed and the conditions for joining the EurAsEC are fulfilled, the task group prepares a relevant Conclusion and a draft Protocol stipulated in Article 19 of the Treaty. A draft Protocol shall contain amendments to the Treaty, connected with the admission of a new state to the EurAsEC. If after admitting a new state to EurAsEC additional clauses are required, they are stated in separate documents. Before the above documents are submitted to the Interstate Council for consideration, they shall be discussed with the candidate state.
4. Before taking a decision about the admission of the candidate state to EurAsEC, the representatives of the candidate state are entitled to participate without vote in the EurAsEC organs’ activities and to attend open sessions.
IV. TAKING A DECISION
ABOUT JOINING THE TREATY
After considering the task group’s Conclusion and the draft Protocol approved at a meeting of the EurAsEC Integration Committee, the Interstate Council makes a decision to consent to the admission of the candidate state to the Treaty, subject to conditions stipulated in the draft Protocol.
V. PERIOD OF VALIDITY
AND EFFECTIVENESS OF THE PROTOCOL
ON ACCEDING TO THE TREATY
ON THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE EURASEC
The Protocol is concluded sine die and takes effect in accordance with the procedure stipulated by Article 18 of the Treaty.
10.10.2014Заседание Межгосударственного совета ЕврАзЭС
07.10.2014Мультимедийная пресс-конференция в агентстве «Россия сегодня»
03.10.2014Встреча с Послом Финляндской Республики
04.08.2014Встреча Генерального секретаря ЕврАзЭС с Послом Республики Таджикистан
20.06.2014Премии Петербургского международного юридического форума «За вклад в развитие правовой интеграции на евразийском пространстве»
28.05.2014Договор о Евразийском экономическом союзе – важнейшее событие в новейшей истории наших стран
25.05.2014Презентация книги «Евразийский проект Нурсултана Назарбаева, воплощенный в жизнь. К 20-летию евразийского проекта 1994–2014»
24.05.2014VII АСТАНИНСКИЙ ЭКОНОМИЧЕСКИЙ ФОРУМ. Панельная сессия «Евразийской экономической интеграции – 20 лет. Итоги и перспективы»
24.05.2014VII Астанинский экономический форум и II Всемирная Антикризисная конференция, 21-23 мая 2014 года, Астана
24.05.2014Петербургский международный экономический форум, 23 – 24 мая 2014 года, Санкт-Петербург